Ye looked for much, and, lo, it came to little; and when ye brought it home, I did blow upon it. Why? saith the LORD of hosts. Because of mine house that is waste, and ye run every man unto his own house.
Other Verses In This Chapter
1) In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, in the first day of the month, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet unto Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, saying,
2) Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, This people say, The time is not come, the time that the LORD'S house should be built.
3) Then came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet, saying,
4) Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your ceiled houses, and this house lie waste?
5) Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.