Then came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet, saying,
Other Verses In This Chapter
1) In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, in the first day of the month, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet unto Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, saying,
2) Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, This people say, The time is not come, the time that the LORD'S house should be built.
4) Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your ceiled houses, and this house lie waste?
5) Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.
6) Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.