1) And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying,
2) Take ye the sum of all the congregation of the children of Israel, after their families, by the house of their fathers, with the number of their names, every male by their polls;
3) From twenty years old and upward, all that are able to go forth to war in Israel: thou and Aaron shall number them by their armies.
4) And with you there shall be a man of every tribe; every one head of the house of his fathers.
5) And these are the names of the men that shall stand with you: of the tribe of Reuben; Elizur the son of Shedeur.
6) Of Simeon; Shelumiel the son of Zurishaddai.
7) Of Judah; Nahshon the son of Amminadab.
8) Of Issachar; Nethaneel the son of Zuar.
9) Of Zebulun; Eliab the son of Helon.
10) Of the children of Joseph: of Ephraim; Elishama the son of Ammihud: of Manasseh; Gamaliel the son of Pedahzur.