1) And it came to pass, as he went into the house of one of the chief Pharisees to eat bread on the sabbath day, that they watched him.
2) And, behold, there was a certain man before him which had the dropsy.
3) And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day?
4) And they held their peace. And he took him, and healed him, and let him go;
5) And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?
6) And they could not answer him again to these things.
7) And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them,
8) When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
9) And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
10) But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.