1) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
2) Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
3) Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
4) Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
5) Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
6) Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
7) Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
8) Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
9) Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
10) Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.