1) Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God.
2) In the fifth day of the month, which was the fifth year of king Jehoiachin's captivity,
3) The word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him.
4) And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
5) Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.
6) And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.
7) And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.
8) And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.
9) Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.
10) As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.