1) Who is as the wise man? and who knoweth the interpretation of a thing? a man's wisdom maketh his face to shine, and the boldness of his face shall be changed.
2) I counsel thee to keep the king's commandment, and that in regard of the oath of God.
3) Be not hasty to go out of his sight: stand not in an evil thing; for he doeth whatsoever pleaseth him.
4) Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?
5) Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.
6) Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him.
7) For he knoweth not that which shall be: for who can tell him when it shall be?
8) There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.
9) All this have I seen, and applied my heart unto every work that is done under the sun: there is a time wherein one man ruleth over another to his own hurt.
10) And so I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of the holy, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done: this is also vanity.