1) Again, David gathered together all the chosen men of Israel, thirty thousand.
2) And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the LORD of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.
3) And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.
4) And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.
5) And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.
6) And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
7) And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.
8) And David was displeased, because the LORD had made a breach upon Uzzah: and he called the name of the place Perezuzzah to this day.
9) And David was afraid of the LORD that day, and said, How shall the ark of the LORD come to me?
10) So David would not remove the ark of the LORD unto him into the city of David: but David carried it aside into the house of Obededom the Gittite.