1) Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:
2) Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3) Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
4) Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
5) For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
6) And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.
7) And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
8) For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:
9) But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:
10) Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;